Subject: Re: upgrading bootblocks
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/10/2004 14:22:21
On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 02:18:18PM -0500, Tim Kelly wrote:
> At 1:54 PM -0500 12/10/04, Michael wrote:
> >What do you mean? 1.10 works fine here. I don't remember real problems
> >upgrading it.
>
> Are you running ofwboot.xcf on a pdisk/bootxx setup or a HFS set up? Chris
> was already thinking there is a problem in installboot or bootxx, rather
> than the bootloader itself.

installboot will correctly install 1.7, when i attempt to load 1.10 what
happens is bootxx loads correctly, then as soon as it attempts to start
running ofboot, the DEFAULT CATCH happens.

if i put 1.7 back, i'm ok.

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."