Subject: Re: Silicon Image SIL0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA RAID Controller
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/09/2004 14:36:00
On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 02:11:54PM -0500, Allen Briggs wrote:

> It's supposedly supported under the cmdide driver, but with most
> things, I think your best bet is to just try it if you can.

that's certainly something i can try, and i'll have an extra IDE disk to
stick on it to test with, so i'll let you all know how it goes. ;)

> > also, does anyone have any recommendations for ATA133 PCI cards to be used
> > under XP to replace this thing in his machine with?
>
> I'd expect the Promise controllers to be well-supported in Windows.
> But I'd expect that of the Silicon Image, too.

well, the thing here, from what i can tell, is that this card wasn't actually
made by Silicon Image, but rather, is their reference design sent to a fab
house and manufactured.  I don't know how much that would influence things,
but it might have something to do with it all.

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."