Subject: Re: kernel news, sorry for the mess.
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/08/2004 16:28:08
At 9:15 PM +0100 12/8/04, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>NetBSD 2.99.11 (RICCARDO) #21: Tue Dec  7 18:06:59 EST 2004
>        ml@Macallan:/data/src/sys/arch/macppc/compile/RICCARDO
>total memory = 176 MB
>avail memory = 164 MB
>
>autoconf.c bootpath: scsi-int/sd@1/netbsd
>autoconf.c OF_canon result: /bandit@F2000000/gc@10/mesh@18000/sd@0,0
>autoconf.c cbootpath: /bandit@F2000000/gc@10/mesh@18000/sd@1

This stuff is from an upcoming patch of mine. It fixes the problem where
the root boot device will not be properly identified when it comes from a
SCSI disk other than SCSI ID 0. It is debug information that shows the
condition that otherwise would have had this problem - Riccardo is booting
from a disk at ID 1, but going through OF to canonicalize the path with
either canon or instance to path drops the node. This patch is taking me a
bit longer to prepare and in the meantime Brian, Michael and I have
identified another bug related to ofb so my attention has been elsewhere.

If you have a SCSI based install and you keep getting boot device:
<unknown>, please let me know and I'll send you a patch for testing.

tim