Subject: kernel news, sorry for the mess.
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/08/2004 21:15:06
Hey,

I'm sorry for the mess, telling michael one of his kernels did work when
possibly it didn't. I must have done a mess with all those kernels, I
have a dozen of his and two mines

NetBSD 2.99.11 (RICCARDO) #21: Tue Dec  7 18:06:59 EST 2004
        ml@Macallan:/data/src/sys/arch/macppc/compile/RICCARDO
total memory = 176 MB
avail memory = 164 MB

autoconf.c bootpath: scsi-int/sd@1/netbsd
autoconf.c OF_canon result: /bandit@F2000000/gc@10/mesh@18000/sd@0,0
autoconf.c cbootpath: /bandit@F2000000/gc@10/mesh@18000/sd@1
mainbus0 (root)
cpu0 at mainbus0: 604e (Revision 2.4), ID 0 (primary)
cpu0: HID0 8000c084<EMCP,ICE,DCE,SGE,BHT>
cpu0: 200.00 MHz
bandit0 at mainbus0 (bootpath member)
pci0 at bandit0 bus 0
pci0: i/o space, memory space enabled
pchb0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0
pchb0: Apple Computer Bandit Host-PCI Bridge (rev. 0x03)

this should be his latest... with CPU patch in but old locore version.
And it works indeed fine as you can see.
So I doubt the cpu patch is the problem. Locoremust either be broken or,
since Matt denies this, trigger some other bug.

So things need further testing and debugging.

-R