Subject: Re: bad kernel news
To: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/07/2004 13:34:45
Hello,

> O have only an assembler file there... .S
I should have the file as it was before the patch somewhere...

> I don't know which mesh I am running. I should use sync with Michael's
> patches since otherwise my disk causes problems.
> Howeverm those problems are not like those I am experiencing now.
Almost certainly the old version - at least if you didn't apply my patch manually.
The old driver should just detect the disks and go bananas /after/ that, when your drive tries to negotiate sync. On the other hand you could just remove the jumper - should be labeled 'TI sync' or 'target initiated sync negotiation' or something like that, then the old driver should just work - slow but reliable.

have fun
Michael