Subject: Re: Patch (Re: Interrupts)
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/07/2004 08:05:38
Hello,

> >Oh, and does moving gc_enable_irq() back before the handlers in
> >do_pending_int() cure it? If it does then I'll need to add a counter so it
> >doesn't loop infinitely ( or retries only once )
>
> I'm going to be offline a lot today. As I have time, I will review my
> adding of your code, which I had to add manually. I also want to review how
> I encapsulated it. Since I'm also looking at mace and MP at the same time,
> I want to make sure I'm not affecting more than one problem at a time :-)

That should be the right thing to do - I made a kernel with the unchanged extintr.c for Riccardo and it still hangs (but it still works on my S900) - must be one of the other changes that crept in recently, namely one of mine or your patches. I guess I'll diff over the entire src/sys/arch/macppc and powerpc and revert everything that's not known to do something useful.

have fun
Michael