Subject: Re: results from new kernel with all patches
To: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2004 19:05:09
Hello,

> > > it still hangs.
> > Ok, 'new' one:
> > http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/stuff/BSD/netbsd_RICCARDO_macppc_12_06_oldintr.bz2
> > This one was compiled with the old interrupt code, if it still hangs we know at least what didn't cause it :/
>

> Ok, it still hangs. but.. I made a discovery!
>
> while I was attempting to reset the box, I see that it made one line
> more in the dmesg...
Hmm, I replaced extintr.c from cvs to compile this one, so whatever causes this is either in there too or something totally different.

> hitting at a very fast rate ctrl, command, alt.... makes the boot
> process continue up to a login...
That's weird. Looks like one of my early attempts on the boot stuff ( which didn't like me messing with the ADB interrupt )

> I think that kernel still must have some strange interrupt problem.
Probably, I'll have a look at the changed code.

> The kernel identifies my processor as a 604e CPU, 200Mhz which is
> correct. I see no entry about the cache, which should be 512k onboard.
> Maybe this is normal if only the backside cache counts.
It never reports mainboard cache, should be enabled by OF anyway.

have fun
Michael