Subject: Re: results from new kernel with all patches
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2004 21:12:21
Hey,

> > it still hangs.
> Ok, 'new' one:
> http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/stuff/BSD/netbsd_RICCARDO_macppc_12_06_oldintr.bz2
> This one was compiled with the old interrupt code, if it still hangs we know at least what didn't cause it :/

Ok, it still hangs. but.. I made a discovery!

while I was attempting to reset the box, I see that it made one line
more in the dmesg...

hitting at a very fast rate ctrl, command, alt.... makes the boot
process continue up to a login...
I think that kernel still must have some strange interrupt problem.

The kernel identifies my processor as a 604e CPU, 200Mhz which is
correct. I see no entry about the cache, which should be 512k onboard.
Maybe this is normal if only the backside cache counts.

-Ric