Subject: Re: L2 CACHE
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2004 14:41:11
On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 02:02:03PM -0500, Michael wrote:

> So - stupid question - are you absolutely sure the cache is 1MB and runs at half the CPU speed? Does the same kernel just without the cache option work? Not all G3 cards run the cache at 1/2 CPU clock.

what i found was that the cache is 1MB and runs at 200Mhz, since it's a 400Mhz
CPU, that's half.  ;)

same kernel without the cache option works jsut fine.

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."