Subject: Re: 2.0RC5 on ibook G4
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2004 13:48:43
Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> writes:

> > Only another question: setting wscons to YES on /etc/rc.conf seems to be
> > useless, am I wrong?
>
> wscons isn't fully supported on macppc - no multiple consoles or ANSI colours.

Those aren't supported, no (they're generally only supported on
systems that natively use VGA text mode). However, those are far from
the only features of wscons, so calling it "not fully supported" is
wrong - it just doesn't have some features that the underlying
hardware doesn't provide. (Color I'm less sure about, actually -
because I know that does work on some non-VGA wscons ports).

        - Nathan