Subject: Re: results of the IRC debug patch
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2004 08:00:07
On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 08:28:02AM -0500, Tim Kelly wrote:

> But if we could get some real support for this port amateurs like myself
> wouldn't be trying to fix things.

keep the following points in mind:

a) if "port amateurs like you" weren't trying to fix things, things wouldn't
	 be fixed at all.

b) the only way for you to move beyond the level of amateur is to do exactly
	 what you are doing now.  one day, you will no longer be an amateur.  you
   will be one of those "real support" people you called out for.

while this issue doesn't affect me (don't know why, i use mc0 a lot, but it
is never sluggish) i am thrilled to see you take the initiative to getting
this issue solved.

thank you for being interested in doing this work, and thank you for taking
the time to learn this stuff so as to be able to do this work.  i can see
you becoming a very large resource to the macppc port.

keep up the good work tim!! [0]

-brian

[0] i'm not forgetting you Micahel!!!  ;)
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."