Subject: Re: results from new kernel with all patches
To: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2004 07:12:32
Hi Riccardo,

>BUt the kernel seems to never end booting! It quickly comes to the point
>where it says "waiting 2 seconds for scsi-devices to settle" for scsi0
>and scsi1, but then.. stays there forever......
<snip>
>Since teh alst kernel I run succesfully was the one with the IRC patches
>(12_01 ?) I wonder if the CPU patch can do all this damage or if there
>were other changes...

I get the same thing if the PSL_EE is turned on before lowering the spl in
Idle() from locore_subr.S, but this is on a MP system. I believe this is
before the second CPU is being used, however. I'm building a single
processor version of the code I have and I'll test the locore patch to see
if it also affects SP.

tim