Subject: results from new kernel with all patches
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2004 10:49:53
Hey,

I am testing the latest kernel Michael provided me, 12_05_mc

I believe it contains all cumulative patches by him and Tim. In the
scrolling dmesg I can see 604e, so that must have been fixed.
I see all virq output stuff, so that too is in. As far as I understood,
it does not contains mc0 fix stuff too.

BUt the kernel seems to never end booting! It quickly comes to the point
where it says "waiting 2 seconds for scsi-devices to settle" for scsi0
and scsi1, but then.. stays there forever......
I attempted several times, one of them (after a long wait) I got up to
the point where iot said "root on sd1a dumps..." but then waited there
again forever...

Luckily I had an older kernel on disk...

then I tried 12_05 (no mc patch) and it has the same problem.

Since teh alst kernel I run succesfully was the one with the IRC patches
(12_01 ?) I wonder if the CPU patch can do all this damage or if there
were other changes...

-R