Subject: Re: 604e vs. 604ev (was Re: results of the IRC debug patch)
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/05/2004 12:11:41
At 12:04 PM -0500 12/5/04, Michael wrote:
>> Does the node show up in its bandit's tree? I think we went over this a
>> while back but I've piled too much onto my brain since then to remember.
>There is no node for the Ethernet part. If there were one we wouldn't have
>a problem with it - as it is I have to assign it an interrupt by hand.

Can you tell if it is attaching during the PCI attachment portion (straight
under pci*) or during the I/O controller (under pci*/obio*)? The obio
portion is walking the OF tree, but the PCI portion is probing PCI devices
via tags. Allen Briggs can probably help a lot with the PCI code, as I've
seen his name on a couple files.

tm