Subject: Re: 604e vs. 604ev (was Re: results of the IRC debug patch)
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/05/2004 11:55:29
Hi Michael,

>> Probably not too much I can help with there. I'm going to try to get
>> somewhere on the mace issue.
>I just thought the problem with the 3rd mc interrupt might be related.

I'm not sure about this, since it has been unregistered since the mc code
was committed, and my later review of the interrupt stuff showed that my
concern regarding the third interrupt was misdirected.

>> Yes, if I understand your previous email regarding this, your card does not
>> contain any OF, in which case OF will only assign a node and basic
>> addresses.
>No. The card contains an OF ROM ( but not enough to boot anything besides
>MacOS and only for the SCSI part )
>OF doesn't see the ethernet part at all, if there was a generic node
>everything would be fine, but there's nothing at all. Apparently OF
>doesn't expect a device 17 on the first bandit.

Does the node show up in its bandit's tree? I think we went over this a
while back but I've piled too much onto my brain since then to remember.

>> I had to write the code because I have a XLR8 ZIF Carrier card that lets me
>> swap in raw CPU chips, but it doesn't have any L2 information in OF with
>> it, obviously.
>Yep, as far as I can tell the backside cache on my CPU card doesn't end up
>as an OF node either, it only >knows about the mainboard cache.

Actually, if you're running a backside cache on an aftermarket card, you
should remove the motherboard L2 cache. At least, that what the docs I've
seen have said.

tim