Subject: NetBSD trashes Apple UFS superblock
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/05/2004 13:08:35
--fXStkuK2IQBfcDe+

hi,

I've recently noticed that when I boot into NetBSD on my powerbook,
the next boot into osx fails to mount my 'data' partition because
NetBSD trashes the Apple UFS superblock:

# fsck /dev/disk0s3
** /dev/rdisk0s3
BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST ALTERNATE

LOOK FOR ALTERNATE SUPERBLOCKS? [yn] y

SEARCH FOR ALTERNATE SUPER-BLOCK FAILED. YOU MUST USE THE
-b OPTION TO FSCK TO SPECIFY THE LOCATION OF AN ALTERNATE
SUPER-BLOCK TO SUPPLY NEEDED INFORMATION; SEE fsck(8).

I can't remember what version of NetBSD is installed, but it is likely
circa 2.0[E-G] -current.

I'm hesitant to upgrade at the moment because I am probably going to
be installing yellowdog on it because all of the hardware is properly
supported (including dual head w/ LCD and DVI).

however, does anyone know if this has been fixed? if not, I will
send-pr before I trash NetBSD.

grant.

--fXStkuK2IQBfcDe+

--fXStkuK2IQBfcDe+--