Subject: Re: reproducible kernel panic w/ 2.0RC4MP
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/03/2004 22:07:35
At 09:05 PM 12/3/2004, Tim Kelly wrote:
>At 8:50 PM -0800 12/3/04, Matt Thomas wrote:
> >
> >In reality, I don't spend much time on the macppc port; I have other
> >powerpc ports to waste my time on.
>
>One could interpret this to imply you find the macppc port a waste of time.

Not really.  Most of my powerpc development happens on it.  But supporting
new devices, etc. is not high on my list of priorities.

> >>Is this the best effort core can put forth for the macppc port?
> >
> >Effort on a volunteer project is always hit and miss.  First you have
> >find someone with the interest and then hope they also have the ability.
> >It rarely happens.
>
>Last I heard (and can read for myself), macppc had a very capable port
>maintainer who felt a need to take a leave of absence. Since you're core,
>I'll ask you directly - what is being done to resolve that situation?

The abdicated port-maintainer was, IMO, capable but not very active.
He was difficult to communicate with.  But that's the past ...

I'm on core, not core.  A search for a new port-maintainer is in progress.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/