Subject: Re: OpenFirmware screen reset
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/28/2004 14:23:52
At 11:41 AM -0500 11/28/04, Tim Kelly wrote:
>I built a GENERIC_MD, minus the file system from crunchgen, and tested it
>with both OFB_ENABLE_CACHE on and off. I didn't see any difference in
>speed, but now I get
>
>ofb0 1024x768 8bpp
>
>for my ofb node. Columns and rows are adjusted accordingly. Previously the
>MD would revert to 640x480.

Just a clarification, as the above is not exactly how I meant to convey it.
Previously, even when in 1024x768 mode, the GENERIC_MD reverted to a
"640x480" like output, with (I think) 80x24 columns and rows. With the
patch, I maintain the "1024x768" like resolution, and I think the column
output is 128. I'm not sure what the rows output is.

tim