Subject: macppc trap (-current from yesterday)
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/28/2004 16:22:42
Hi!

Yesterday, during a bulk build, I got the following trap:
trap: kernel read DSI trap @ 0x7c3143c6 by 0x2758e4 (DSISR 0x40000000, err=14)

It was just untarring a tar file served over NFS.
The setup is approximately:
shell chrooted in /usr/sandbox
nearly everything in /usr/sandbox unionfs mounted from /
(except for /dev, /etc and perhaps some others)
/usr/pkgsrc/packages is NFS-mounted on a local network,
and then nullfs-mounted into the sandbox.
The bulk build in the sandbox was just adding a dependency,
i.e. untarring an already built package (tar file on NFS,
target file system local, both via nullfs).

Stopped in pid 28455.1 (tar) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x10
db> bt
panic
trap
kernel DSI read trap @ 0x7c3143c6 by cache_lookup+0x84
cache_lookup
ufs_lookup
layer_lookup
lookup
namei
rename_files
syscall_plain
user SC trap #128 by 0x418737f8: srr1=0xf032 r1=0xffffd330 cr=0x24004082 xer=0 xctr=0x418737f0

I still have the db prompt if you want to know more.
This is with a kernel without awacs (I took it out after
I had the same trap with awacs in the kernel, just to remove
one possible cause).

Any idea what's happening here?

Cheers,
 Thomas