Subject: 8200 (bad) news
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/22/2004 13:31:59
Hey,

I tried again getting this beast to boot. I tried the floppy way again,
suing a new, Sony floppy. Formatted and verified onmy sparcstation, I
dd'd the boot1.fs from the latest unofficial build i could get. I  have
set the env. variables as on the 9500.

I don't use system disk since I never had a good experience with it, (on
the 9500 neither) boot the older "boot Variables"..

I drop into serial console. The linux guys told me getting a graphic
output on a 7200/8200 is hopeless... Oh well!

anyway booting from teh floppy.. gives me a default catch almost
immediatly.
I see the "-" from the kernel and tehn

a detail of the device tree (and the exact error) will follow as soon as
I get serialc onsole output into my other net-enabled computer.

-R