Subject: 9600 boot problems
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/21/2004 23:51:36
Hello,

I prepared an external HD to do some testing on the 9600 and on the
8200. Right now it contains the kernel and a minimal system. I prepared
it from my 4400, where the scsi disk (an old seagate) was seen w/o
problems, but there it uses the MESH controller. I put in one of hte
latest kernels by michael (those with patched scsi sync) and it doesn't
boot (as the stock kernel didn't either)..

I found out the problem: the esp0 scsi bus gets misused so the disk
attached to the device doesn't get recognized and so I have no root
disk.

esp0: illegal command: 0x0 (state 2, phase 3, prevphase 1)

after that the disk doesn't appear in the device list.

stock kernel gives the same error.

-R