Subject: Re: x11, keycodes, GL...
To: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/20/2004 22:31:28
--maH1Gajj2nflutpK

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 11:25:28AM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hello all!
>=20
> thanks to Michael's kernel and Xfree server now I am enjoying X on mz
> powermac. But many rough edges need to be sorted out (apart that I
> needed to recompile more than one program to alleviate endianness and
> bit color problems...)
>=20
> - keycodes. Michael suggested to use a modified xmodmap, he gave me his
> and I tweaked it to my apple enhanced 2 keyboard so it is usable but it
> is far from perfect
> Many applications (mostly motif related, like mwm itself, but also
> remote motif programs exported to this display) complain about invalid
> or missing key codes... Maybe someone else has done better work ?
>=20
> f13 f14 f15 all send the same keycode.
>=20
> I set a generic PC keyboard (101 or 104 keys I think) in xfree config...

The problem's deeper in the kernel, as I understand it. The problem is
that our wscons code doesn't deal well with multiple keyboards in a system
having different scan codes.

There amy be more, but this issue is why "\" (and '|') don't work on my=20
USB keyboard by default. :-|

Take care,

Bill

--maH1Gajj2nflutpK