Subject: Re: Binary packages available for 2.0
To: John Klos <john@klos.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/20/2004 11:50:07
On Nov 20, 2004, at 11:25 AM, John Klos wrote:

> I like small machines because, well... because they're small.

I agree.  My criteria for keeping machines when I move are small, low
power, and uniqueness.

> I can buy a 50 gig SCA drive for less than a 4 gig 50 pin drive!

Yup.  I think your only option (though it costs about US$100) is to get
a laptop SCSI->IDE converter and a 2.5" IDE drive.  I've got one for my
SPARCbook.

> It's also very hard to push these systems to their breaking points on
> purpose. Many times I've seen problems with production machines that I
> could not duplicate in a test environment, which is a pain.

Yeah, sounds that way from your description.

> Not sure if that's a new world versus old world issue or a 1.6 versus
> 2.0 issue, though.

Sounds more like old/new world to me, since the new world OF device is
different (scca vs. ttya).

   -- MW