Subject: Re: creating a bootable hard disk
To: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
From: John Klos <john@klos.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/20/2004 14:35:46
Hi,

> I have found on ftp.netbsd.org a macppc build from 16 October. Might be
> new enough. So I thought booting from floppy was a decent idea...

ftp.netbsd.org ->
/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-2-0/unofficial/200411121400/macppc

> Can I maybe run sysinst from my computer and use it on the new disk?
> Where could I find a sysint binary for this purpose?
>
> Or are there easier ideas?

How about putting the SCSI disk in another machine, downloading
netbsd-INSTALL from 2.0 onto the boot disk, booting that, using that to do
the install of the SCSI disk, revert to your normal kernel and pull the
SCSI disk?

John