Subject: Re: CVS commits for macppc
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Lasse =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen <lhp+news@toft-hp.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/20/2004 12:46:40
In article <20041117180639.GB13359@styx.org>,
 ww@styx.org (William Waites) wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 06:42:01PM +0100, Aymeric Vincent wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, before thinking that we lack a port-maintainer, I rather feel
> > like we lack users!

If a show of hands can help motivate development, I don't want to be
missed.

I have an iMac DV SE which ran 1.6 splendidly. I made the mistake of
updating to 2.0BETA, and although I think the version I have on it now
is almost workable, there are problems with mozilla and stuff which
makes me tend to keep booting it in Mac OS X. As a desktop user, I don't
think I can live with Xmacppc.

In addition I have been using NetBSD on PCs, 68K Macs and on a ThinkPad
and I have always loved the excellent quality of NetBSD, since I began
using it with version 1.3 on mac68k. Please keep up the good work, you
*do* have real users out here!

> And maybe this is a good time to thank the port-maintainers
> and developers and contributors for all of their work over
> the years -- thank you all!

Thank you from me too!

-Lasse