Subject: Re: personal impression of issues on netbsd/macppc
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/19/2004 19:50:18
Hello,

> Having to _get_ a video card with I/O space to run X strikes me as not
> true support for the hardware.
Well, that's not the case - we don't have to /get/  video hardware into IO space. It's already there and sometimes that's the only way to talk to it.

> > No problem, the patches are well worth of criticism, the method I use
> > right now may cause weird problems in certain situations...
>
> Peer review, peer review :-)

Exactly, but that requires peers who actually look at it :p
Maybe I should subscribe to one of the non-mac-specific developer mailing lists to discuss the whole thing.

have fun
Michael