Subject: Re: personal impression of issues on netbsd/macppc
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/18/2004 10:21:43
Hello,

> Right now I'd like to see additional resolutions, so at least
> we can have more than 640x480 (someone correct me if I'm wrong and this
> is already present). There are OF routines to allow this(fb8 calls), but
> I haven't had time to explore them.
As far as I could see the ofb driver just grabs whatever OF set up, there's not even the beginning of support for switching resolutions and since my Voodoo3 defaults to 640x480@60Hz I'd like to hack ofb again as soon as someone figures out how to convince OF to use some better resolution. If that's done we might think about multiple consoles, other colour depths, ANSI colour support and so on.
( yes, ANSI colour stuff would be possible to do right now but I consider it pretty low priority, although kernel output in a different colour would be kind of nice. Rudimentary colour map support is already there, all that's missing is an ANSIish palette and a way to output characters in different colours... maybe I'll get a programming fit and just do it )

have fun
Michael