Subject: Re: personal impression of issues on netbsd/macppc
To: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
From: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/18/2004 04:35:46
--- Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it> wrote:

> 0) the world is biased towards linux and x86
> solution: I don't know one
>
> 1) hardware support is limited.
> 2. installation troubles.
> 3. Ethernet troubles.
> 4. SCSI troubles.
> 5. X troubles.
> SO, cheers,
>
> Riccardo

that's sounds bad considering the fact that I'm just
about to start installing netbsd on my 9500 I've
expected problems but not that much! I'll try to get
that mac (I found it earlier this year in north London
with note "old mac good for word processing" and tuck
it home) so far I couldn't do anything further than
patch and run systemdisk and screw open firmware which
I fixed recently... have to try to get my monitor work
in open firmware environment hehe...