Subject: macppc 9500/200 firmware problem
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/18/2004 04:09:39
Hi, thanks everyone who helped me to figure out how to
reset firmware to factory settings that's good now,
however I still having a problems with setting up my
output device ok I'll try to explain what I do you
might see where problem lies.
My mac os is 8.0
I've downloaded systemdisk 2.3.1 and patch for it I
patch systemdisk before running it and I get nice
screen same as on screenshots on
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/SystemDisk-tutorial/
i choose advanced options and where input device I
put: kbd where output device I put:
/bandit@F4000000/ATY,mach64@D
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/models.html#no.fb
then click OK and save after closing systemdisk and
trying to enter firmware I get black screen and mac
seems hung after I booted back to macos and started
systemdisk again I've noticed that settings haven't
been saved and on advanced options window I see
default settings input device kbd and output device
/chaos/control I don't know what to think I've tried
other things like clicking on then going back to
advanced options I still get default configuration...
have you ever came across this problem and know how to
sort it out? thanks for your help in advance.
tom