Subject: Re: CVS commits for macppc
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/2004 19:07:44
Hello,

> > I got some core files but stack traces went to nowhere and were
> > totally random.
>
> Ok, I take it that when X goes down, there's no video? Any indications
> that ddb gets called? Have you hooked up a serial connection when it
> crashes?

Depends - in my case it just froze but it may be different on other hardware. So I ran the Xserver in gdb via telnet, started everything by hand and waited for the crash - did that three times or so, if always came from different locations with the backtrace ending in something weird and unresolvable, sometimes the USB mouse stopped responding first. This kind of crashes didn't occur again after applying Aymeric's patch.

have fun
Michael