Subject: Re: CVS commits for macppc
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Aymeric Vincent <Aymeric.Vincent@labri.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/2004 18:42:01
Hmm, before thinking that we lack a port-maintainer, I rather feel
like we lack users!

All powerpc ports have been killing random processes for several
months due to a (since fixed) bug in the pmap code, starting from last
november.

... and the X server has been crashing all the time since we switched
to non-exec mappings, and not a single person seemed to really care
about it.

I have a local patch in my kernel to ignore the 5th button generated
by a tap on the trackpad because it makes Xt menus unusable, but then
again it looks like I'm the only one affected.
(I intend to change this into real support for the tap before I get
 rid of my iBook)

It looks to me that "forall x in UserBase. x is happy". Maybe UserBase
is empty. ;-)

 Aymeric

PS: I have no opinion or objection to the change of port maintainer as I
    should return my iBook to my lab shortly.