Subject: Re: obio attachment and Macs w/ two or more I/O controllers
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/2004 10:55:25
Hi Chris,

> I'm forwarding this to the list because my mail system is having
> trouble sending email to Tim.

Yes, I was noticing that your emails cc'd to the list were coming
through, but not the ones straight to me. It's probably my mail/web
host's problem. I've complained in the past that their spam filters will
completely delete valid email with _no_ notication to the recipient. I
hope to move to another hosting service soon.

>Shortly after booting I had another
> kernel DSI trap panic while reading the dmesg through an ssh
> connection.

Could you tell if it was related? Can you send a bt from ddb?

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > OK, I think I patched everything up correctly. From a serial console
> > I don't get very far. According to OFW, serial channel a is
> > printer/serial at IRQ 0xF 0x4 0x5, and channel b is the infrared
> > port at irq 0x10 0x6 0x7

I've been wondering what the extra serial port I was seeing in the
second I/O controller was.

> > Fricken awesome!

Works only if you don't have a device in the mediabay under the second
I/O controller. I have to figure out how to deal with the interrupt
issue. Otherwise the device should attach and be useable.

tim