Subject: RE: Booting installed system
To: , <>
From: David H.Gutteridge <>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/2004 01:23:39

Your machine should have OpenFirmware > 3.0 installed, so that means you can't use the partitioning tool provided by NetBSD sysinst (the installer program), you have to do it yourself with Apple tools and/or pdisk.  When I installed NetBSD on my iBookSE, I used the software that came on the MacOS 9 install disc to create the requisite A/UX partition types (and the HFS partition of course).

See here:

In other words, you have to create everything before you run the NetBSD installer, then you skip those same steps in the installer.

Hope this helps,