Subject: Re: obio attachment and Macs w/ two or more I/O controllers
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/15/2004 21:35:15
Hi Chris,

> 	I can post a full wallstreet/PDQ dmesg but I don't remember
> 	there
> being any problems with IRQs,

Please post it and I'll indicate where I see problems if they are
present there.

> my problem is that the pci code doesn't
> set up PCI bridges correctly and therefore prevents cardbus from
> attaching. PR 26508. I don't quite understand why OpenFirmware doesn't
> set up the cardbus bridge at power up, but it doesn't.

I'm working on code that deals with the mediabay at the moment, but I've
seen a hint of the card bus problems. Can I add you to possible testers
for the media bay?

> 	The other machines I have are B&W G3, Beige G3, iMac G3 rev A,
> iMac DV+ G3 400, and a Sawtooth AGP graphics G4. I'll check them and
> report them to you off list as I get access to them.

That would be great, because I'll try to catalog them somehow.

> 	Out of curiousity, does the ofppc port do anything different WRT
> to PCI bindings to OpenFirmware that we could borrow?

I'm not sure. I haven't had time to look. There is a possibility the
problem is at the PCI end that will still be present with the fix to
properly identifying mac-io (obio*) when more than one is present. I
have a patch getting ready for the mediabay on Wallstreet that if it
works will shed some light.

thanks,
tim