Subject: Re: macppc 9500 output-device + firmware problem
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <MacPPC@caution.icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/14/2004 08:14:03
>On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 03:05:41 -0800 (PST)
>Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> could anybody tell me how to bypass firmware and
>> continue booting or how to reset changes to default?
>> thank you very much.
>> Tom
>
>You can still override auto-boot? false by holding down
>Option-Command-O-F after you hear the bong on a reboot. You can reset
>the PRAM, which is what holds the copy of OF settings used, by
>Option-Command-P-R. However, auto-boot? false is the default for OF.
>
>tim

I don't think that's quite correct.

I find that with these early machines, it is important sometimes to get the
Option-Command-O-F down early - maybe before the bong is done.

Also, the Option-Command-P-R is supposed to reset the machine to "factory"
settings, which will auto-boot MacOS.  This requires auto-boot?  -> TRUE,
so this should set it TRUE.

-dgl-