Subject: Re: DDB techniques
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakollasch@mcleodusa.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/13/2004 11:48:56
On Friday, November 12, 2004 05:38 pm, Tim Kelly wrote:
> At the risk of sounding dense, I am not sure what you mean by a "reset"
I'm comparing a PowerMac to an old Apple IIe
I mean the power button on the ADB keyboard
> button. This is a 7600, with a power button on the front panel, and a
> power key on the keyboard, but it doesn't have anything like the
> programmer's reset button on my G4. Also, Apple-Power on the Mac I'm
> using ZTerm with to do serial comm will drop into Macsbug. On the 7300
> running NetBSD, it has no affect.
>
> Could you be more specific about the reset button? Also, which keyboard
> am I supposed to enter this on?

make sure ddb is in your kernel (it's on by default in GENERIC)

case wscons
	if using an CRT connected to the video port and an ADB keyboard
	enter it on the keyboard connected to the machine
	command+option+power (however on my 7300/200 with an Apple Keyboard II (from
th LC II and Classic era) command+power works as well)

case serial console
	if using a serial console I think your up a creek as my 1.6.2 ANS 700/150
doesn't respond to the BREAK character (the ASCII one)  (this is a bug that
should be fixed)

	Jonathan Kollasch