Subject: dark screen on PB was: Wallstreet PB booting
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/10/2004 22:02:30
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Chris Tribo wrote:

> You need the system disk or startup disk patches installed into your nvram to
> boot from the ide drives. Boot device should be ide0/@0:0 not ata0. ide0 and
> ide1 are the patched versions of ata0 and ata2 IIRC.

OK! Now it is working!

But.... The screen goes black (the backlight turns off) during boot. It
happens during the boot process, presumably when it encounters the
backlight device.

Also, I get to a point where it claims it does not know the boot device.
When I enter the boot device at the prompt (wd0a) it seems to work as
usual.

But I still can't see anything with the backlight out (I can see it with a
real bright light).

Ideas?

--
Joe Laffey                |        Visual Effects for Film and Video
LAFFEY Computer Imaging   |        ---------------------------------