Subject: Re: crash!
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/05/2004 09:58:48
On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 09:17:42AM -0500, Michael wrote:

> That remains to be seen - it might be a hint or not.

ok, i'll keep that in mind.

> the trace should be fine for a first glance, but uvm is unchartered territory for me, I'm just getting familiar with PCI and driver stuff... does the trace always point at the same function?

ok, is there maybe somewhere better to ask?  someone who knows the uvm system
well, even if they don't know the mac arch well?

> A wild guess - I recently found out that some of my memory modules are flaky, changing them cured a few ( but not all ) weird problems. Do things like RAMometer show any weirdnesses? I seem to remember that you have a G3 card - does the cache run at the right speed?

newertech's site doesn't seem to respond to me.  RAMometer runs under MacOS
though, doesn't it?  that doesn't help me as i don't have MacOS available here
on this machine.  is there a netbsd util that could do this for me?

-brian
--
IHTFP: I firmly believe that people dumber than me exist solely for my
			 amusement.