Subject: Re: Abysmal mc0 performance
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Hechinger <>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/05/2004 09:20:25
On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 09:05:17AM -0500, Michael wrote:
> Argh, somehow I misread your previous post. So the NetBSD kernel boots but init hangs when configuring mc0? Did you configure a standard gateway? If you did it tries to contact the gateway and waits for an answer - just hit ctrl-c and it should continue booting.

yes, there is a gateway, but it doesn't attempt to reach it from that interface.

the mac has two interfaces, mc0 and ex0, ex0 is connected to the LAN and has
address and mc0 is a crossover to my laptop that i use as an Xterm
and has address  netmasks are on both, and the gateway
address is

as far as i know, there is no reason for it to contact anything on
since everything the mac will ever need is found on

next time i have a chance to boot it i'll try to ^C and see what happens.

"I fear the day that Oprah finally rises up with her unholy army of menopausal
 soccer moms and obliterates the governments of earth with her flaming sword of
 draconian moral authority"  -- Fark comment