Subject: Re: crash!
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/05/2004 07:49:00
On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 10:25:32AM -0500, Michael wrote:
> Hello,

hi there!

> indeed odd, I'm using 2.0 for half a year now and didn't have a single kernel panic, I'm telnetting in and out of the box all the time ( well, more in, to debug X )

well, i'm not saying that telnet had anything to do with it, just that i was
trying to telnet into a specific sun box both times it happened, maybe it is
just coincidence?  ;)

> But the trace suggests the panic came from uvm, so someone else will have to comment on it...

what do i need to do to be able to get more information for something like this?
this is not the first (nor do i expect it to be the last) kernel panic on this
machine, and i'd like to be able to contribute whatever information i can to
assist in making NetBSD more stable on this machine.

-brian
--
IHTFP: I firmly believe that people dumber than me exist solely for my
			 amusement.