Subject: Re: Unresolved PRs
To: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/30/2004 17:17:14
Hello,

>   - Add support for the ethernet portion of the E100/Mercury board
>     found in SuperMac/UMAX S900
>     http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=26340
does this:
tlp0 at pci0 dev 17 function 0: DECchip 21140 Ethernet, pass 1.2
tlp0: broken MicroWire interface detected; setting SROM size to 1Kb
tlp0: interrupting at irq 23
tlp0: UMAX E100, Ethernet address 00:a0:59:03:b0:55
nsphy0 at tlp0 phy 1: DP83840 10/100 media interface, rev. 0
nsphy0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto

without the patch it won't attach. Probably needs some work, the address range assigned to the card may be wrong.
( problem is that OF doesn't see the card and therefore doesn't configure it )

>   - some cards in pci1 ( behind a PCI-PCI bridge ) in S900 boxes don't
>     get an IRQ assigned
>     http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=26341
Works for me, needs testing on non-UMAX machines with PCI-PCI bridges.

I've filed port-macppc/27680 yesterday - a patch to allow synchronous transfers on mesh SCSI controllers ( known to work on S900 and PMac 9500 boxes, should work on all oldworld PowerMacs with onboard SCSI, improves performance considerably ) - needs testing.
( for some reason the mail address is wrong, must have been very tired... )

have fun
Michael