Subject: Re: RC4 Release ISO (not hybrid) available
To: None <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/28/2004 14:26:19
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:17:32 -0400
Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com> wrote:

> and I believe the package you are looking for is called "chrp-loader."

I think I'm wrong about the name. I have seen the internals of the CHRP
script package in Open Firmware, which as I recall basically reads
through various components until it finds the xcoff bootloader embedded
in it.

Try this instead:

see init-program

and look for a reference to CHRP. You should see "evaluating Forth
source," "loading XCOFF" and one or two others. If the init-program word
can't recognize the file format of the bootloader, it won't know what
package to open it with. If there is a reference to CHRP, there are ways
to work backwards from the $open-package to figure out which package it
is, but it'll probably be obvious in dev /packages ls

tim