Subject: Some original iMac issues
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/28/2004 10:22:44
Hi,

I'm seeing some strangeness with my new iMac motherboard which is running
2.0.

My disk looks like this:
Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/wd0c'
  #:                type name       length   base      ( size )
  1: Apple_partition_map Apple          63 @ 1
  2:           Apple_HFS hfsroot    131072 @ 64        ( 64.0M)
  3:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 bsdroot 233195288 @ 131136    (111.2G) S0 RUFS k0  /
  4:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 bsdswap   1048576 @ 233326424 (512.0M) S1  SFS k0  (swap)

I've set boot-device to hd:,ofwboot.xcf, boot-file to netbsd, and
auto-boot? to true.

However, when it boots I just get the OF command prompt; when I type
"boot", I get "Can't OPEN".

If I type "boot hd:,ofwboot.xcf", it boots the netbsd kernel which is on
the HFS partition. I cannot use "boot hd:,ofwboot.xcf hd:3,/netbsd" and
have it boot the kernel which is on the FFS partition - is this because
it's an FFSv2 filesystem? Even when I try this, it doesn't give an error
but still boots the kernel from the HFS partition... strange...

Also, about half of the boots leave me with a keyboard that has the caps
lock light on and which is otherwise unresponsive.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Since I want to colocate this machine, it'd be
nice if I could get it to autoboot!

Thanks,
John Klos