Subject: Re: mesh timeout errors on 9500
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Bilotto <jb13@gomerbud.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/24/2004 19:38:27
On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 06:17:25PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > What words are already defined with the card?
> I'm sorry, my previous mail was a bit too ambiguous. The card has PCish
> firmware so OF doesn't do anything besides assigning some address space
> and an IRQ.

the resen the 83c875's worked on sun's is that the ultra 5,10,30, & 60's
had an fcode driver for them in the prom, so the card didn't even need
to support OF. your mac has no such driver, so you can't boot from the
card, but you can still uses it after booting.

i have an ATTO card with the 83c875 witch i had to patch to get OF
support, but i still can't boot from it(wtf?). but really, all mac card
now a days would have OF support, so you can get just about anyone. also
their's the sun hme+fas card witch are pritty cheep now.

jb13