Subject: tty problem?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/23/2004 08:36:38
Hi,

NetBSD 2.0, compiled from a few days ago, has an interesting problem. The
machine is a G4 with a G4Port (or whatever it's called), set up to boot
using the serial port instead of video / keyboard.

/etc/ttys:
console "/usr/libexec/getty std.38400"  vt100   off secure
ttyE0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   vt100   off secure
tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.57600"  vt100   on secure

When I log in via the serial port, then log out, I end up with a login
line (from "w") which has root listed as the user (but I obviously didn't
log in as root). It doesn't go away.

I wish I could remember if the tty listed was ttyZ0 or tty00, as I'm sure
that's quite relevant, but I was only at the colocation place for a few
minutes with a laptop precariously balanced on another machine, and my
server was rebooted shortly thereafter, so it's not still there.

Has anyone seen this? I have another G4 with a serial port; I'll try this
locally when I can.

John Klos