Subject: Two other NetBSD/macppc problems.
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/12/2004 16:47:08
Ok, I forgot to mention these in my last post.

My Adaptec SCSI is not attaching correctly.  I saw some posts about it
in other groups, but nothing definitive.  Anyone else seeing this,
have a fix, etc?

(trimmed to just show the relevant autoconfig output)
mainbus0 (root)
grackle0 at mainbus0
pci0 at grackle0 bus 0
pci0: i/o space, memory space enabled
ppb0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0: Digital Equipment DECchip 21154 PCI-PCI Bridge (
rev. 0x02)
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
pci1: i/o space, memory space enabled
ahc0 at pci1 dev 4 function 0: Adaptec 2940B Ultra2 SCSI adapter
: unable to map registers

My other problem is that XFree86 is trying to map the i386 BIOS or
memory area.  I found some information on this in other groups, but
the mentioned "fix" of building NetBSD xsrc didn't see to have any
affect.

From 'X -probeonly' :
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config"
xf86OpenConsole

Fatal server error:
xf86MapVidMem: could not mmap screen [s=20000,a=a0000] (Invalid argument)

The config file was generated with 'X -configure' and is using the ati
driver. (since this Powermac has a Rage 128)

If anyone has any ideas on this let me know.  I'm using NetBSD 2.0_RC4
at the moment.

-Andrew