Subject: help getting X to work on a starmax
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: drew peters <shaitan@stny.rr.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/10/2004 00:50:02
hey everybody!

this is my first working install of a *nix system, and i can't get XF86
to start up on my Starmax 3000, using the built in video.  i ran
xf86config, and i'm pretty sure i set it correctly to what i need (i
have an ibm e74 monitor).  but i get the following error:

xauth: error in locking authority file /home/shaitan/.Xauthority
<repeats this 4 times>
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
xauth: error in locking authority file /home/shaitan/.Xauthority

any hints/suggestions? i dunno what more info you guys will need but i
will post as needed.  like i said, i am the super noob right now to
this.  :)

TIA!
drew