Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD 2.0 w/ 1.0 Ghz 7455
To: Robert Nestor <rnestor@murphy.dyndns.org>
From: Donald Lee <MacPPC@caution.icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/02/2004 22:00:04
>On Oct 1, 2004, at 9:33 AM, Donald Lee wrote:
>
>> This is the 7455 CPU upgrade in a G4/AGP.  Anyone know why it won't
>> boot?
>>
>> Setup is 4 partitions - first is HFS+ with ofwboot2.xcf.  ofwboot.xcf
>> and netbsd-GENERIC_MD.gz is from the 200409260000 snap from releng and
>> "kernel2" is a copy of this kernel.
>>
>> Ideas?
>
>Which version of ofwboot are you using?  This is the same error I see on all my systems when using the -current version of ofwboot.  I don't have a problem with an older 1.17 version.  If the version you're using is a new development version and you'd like, I can try it on my systems and see if it work with them.
>
>-bob

Where can I get the 1.17 version?  (aka which snap?)  With the parts I'm
using (snap 200409260000) I seem to be able
to boot the generic kernel, but not the install kernel.  I also note that
I can't use the 1.6.2 ofwboot to boot the 2.0 kernel.  I have to use the
one from the snap for the boot to succeed.

?

-dgl-