Subject: Re: ok, last bit on video
To: <>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/29/2004 13:37:39
Hello,

> > i'll definitely report back.  does firefox even work on netbsd/macppc 2.0beta
> > yet?
> Definitely yes ( I finally finished compiling firefox-gtk2 - made the mistake to run make update for it which recompiled gtk2 and everything depending on it )
> Works just fine.

Ok, I'll have to take the 'works just fine' back - the GUI is just funky, doesn't render any text in menu items, although web pages and the rest of the UI is fine. First I though that's a gtk2-related problem but that doesn't seem to be the case since no other application shows this weird behaviour. After deleting ~/.mozilla it draws menu items but it also keeps drawing (textual) garbage all over its window which disappears when the mouse gets close. Very weird.  Font handling / text drawing seems to be broken.
It's sort of usable though.

good luck
Michael