Subject: Re: ehci
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/15/2004 19:38:48
Hello,

> I just tried an ALi USB 2.0 controller in my S900 - works fine as
> OHCI, but not as EHCI - when a USB 2.0 device gets connected and ehci
> is compiled in I get weird error messages ( couldn't start queue or
> something similar ). Is this a known problem? If so - any ideas how to
> fix it?

Forgot to include my OS version - NetBSD 2.0 -current

So, I updated the kernel source, now the following oddities happen:
the USB 2.0 root hub gets detected correctly, low-speed devices ( like
my keyboard ) work just fine but any high-speed device triggers:
uhub3: device problem - disabling port 2 ( or wherever the device sits )
After disconnecting and reconnecting one device all USB2 devices are
found ( I have a small IDE disk enclosure and a card reader ) but
trying to access them I get:
umass1: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
umass1: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
umass1 is the disk, the same happens with umass0 - it works fine
without ehci.
the controller is a
ohci0 at pci1 device 0 function 0: Acer Labs M5237 USB Host Controller
(rev. 0x03)
ehci0 at pci1 device 0 function 3: Acer Labs M5237 USB Host Controller
(rev. 0x03)
ehci0: interrupting at irq 25
ehci0: EHCI version 1.0
ehci0: companion controllers, 2 ports each: ohci0 ohci1 ohci2

have fun
Michael